At Wolf Creek Recovery, we have helped several clients cruise past their grief and loss with evidence-based therapies and customized healing programs. With the best rehab centers in Arizona, we create personalized healing programs for each patient to guide them towards sobriety with 1-on-1 addiction treatment and care.
PTSD and addiction
Post-traumatic stress disorder is one of the numerous mental health disorders relating to addiction and addictive behaviors. It occurs when an individual witnesses or experiences a traumatic event, such as the death of a loved one, sexual abuse, a devastating vehicle accident, etc. Individuals who experience PTSD often turn to drugs or alcohol to overcome feelings of fear, anxiety, and stress.
PTSD symptoms can last for several months or years after a traumatic event. PTSD and drug addiction usually develop simultaneously following a traumatic episode. PTSD changes brain chemistry similarly to substance abuse and addiction. Close to 75% of those surviving a violent or abusive trauma suffer from substance abuse disorders. Getting dual diagnosis treatment from a reputed rehab can help you recover from both conditions and embrace a sober lifestyle over the years to come.
Do I have PTSD?
The symptoms of PTSD change over time and tend to aggravate gradually. Some patients experience the symptoms within three months of a traumatic episode, while a few do not feel a thing for years. Common symptoms of PTSD include:
- Experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Abusing drugs or alcohol to overcome disturbing thoughts.
- Repeated memories of a traumatic episode from the past
- Night terrors about the traumatic event
- Vivid flashbacks of a traumatic event
- Extreme physical reactions whenever you remember the traumatic episode, etc.
If you experience emotional numbness, lapses in memory, or find yourself incapable of positive emotions, seek professional help from one of the rehab centers in Arizona at the earliest.
How do we treat trauma or grief?
Accumulating the grief and pain within without a channel to vent it out can increase your risk for substance abuse disorders and other mental health problems. We treat grief and PTSD using a scientific approach. Here are some of the therapies we use to address and treat trauma:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) - We use this procedure to address and treat the disturbing and unhealthy thoughts and feelings that addiction victims may experience regularly.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) - Our therapists use DBT to help patients overcome suicidal thoughts and equip them with critical coping tools to manage emotional outbursts and stressful situations.
- Motivational interviewing (MI) - It is a therapeutic technique that helps treat substance use disorders alongside trauma. MI helps recovering addicts overcome their fears, insecurities, and uncertainty, fosters their ambition to get clean and lead a healthy life.
Call Wolf Creek Recovery at (928) 227-8887 to verify your insurance with us. Listed among the top rehab centers in Arizona, we offer the best medical detox, outpatient therapy, and extended care programs. Do not let sobriety intimidate you. We can help you begin a liberating journey towards improved wellness and a sober tomorrow. Contact us today!Rehab Centers in Arizona
View Larger Map